Those of you who know us, will know how important wines are to us. You'll find a lovingly chosen list of both new and old world wines from impeccable vintners, and we always keep a selection of inspirational Italian labels to honour Lino's homeland.
We've got wines specifically chosen for their fine balance when served with fish, including favourites like Chablis and Pouilly Fume. We've got some wonderfully succulent reds including a fruity Fleurie and an intense Montelpulciano, and you'll find a whole host of luxurious pudding wines too.
We couldn't resist keeping our fabulous Prosecco on the list, it really is exceptional.
WINE BY THE GLASS
Wines by the glass are available in 125ml / 175ml / 250ml where shown
1. Prosecco, D’Oro, Casa Defra, Italy 5.00/7.00
2. Rosé, Nani Rizzi, Veneto, Italy 5.20/7.25
3. Prosecco di Valdobbiadene, Nani Rizzi, Italy 5.55/7.75
10. Grechetto-Trebbiano, Broccatelli, Italy 3.30/4.60/6.60
12. Rioja Blanco, Finca Manzanos, Spain 3.95/5.50/7.90
13. Viognier, Vieilles Vignes, France 4.20/5.85/8.40
17. Snapper Rock Sauvignon Blanc, NZ 4.80/6.70/9.60
18. Pinot Grigio, Butussi, Friuli, Italy 5.20/7.25/10.40
30. Bardolino Chiaretto, Italy 4.45/6.20/8.90
35. Merlot, Tierra Del Rey, Chile 3.45/4.85/6.90
36. Sangiovese, Broccatelli Galli, Italy 3.60/5.00/7.20
37. Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, Frentana, Italy 3.65/5.10/7.30
41. Montsablé, Pinot Noir, France 4.55/6.40/9.10
38. Tempranillo, Finca Manzanos, Rioja, Spain 4.60/6.45/9.20
39. ‘Johnny Q’, Shiraz, Australia 4.90/6.85/9.80
BUBBLES . . . The Froth of Life
1. Prosecco, Casa Defra, Italy NV
Fresh and fruity, really easy drinking.
2. Rosé Spumante, Nani Rizzi, Italy NV
Sparkling rosé from Veneto. Fruity and elegant, made from pinot nero grapes.
3. Prosecco di Valdobbiadene, Nani Rizzi, Italy NV
A prosecco of great finesse and real style, dry with fresh fruit – a cut above the rest.
4. Franciacorta Brut, Majolini, Italy NV
If Champagne were made in Italy - this is probably what it would taste like. Full flavoured and elegant fizz from the fantastic boutique house of Majolini.
5. Brut Réserve, Charles Heidsieck, Champagne NV
Champagne Charlie, one of the oldest and best champagne houses – need we say more?
WHITE . . . The Essentials
10. Grechetto, Broccatelli Galli, Umbria, Italy
A little piece of Umbrian sunshine. Fresh, zesty and citrus fruit.
11. Trebbiano D’abruzzo, Frentana, Italy
A wine for every situation. These sun drenched vines achieve something extremely special: simplicity, fresh and citrusy touched with tropical melon and pineapple.
12. Rioja Blanco, Finca Manzanos, Spain
I have a soft spot for white Rioja, versatile and brilliant, dry and crisp, pretty good with everything really.
13. Viognier, Vieilles Vignes, Pays D'Oc, France
Honeysuckle and apricot, a rich taste that is somehow still dry, tangy and refreshing.
WHITE . . . Crisp, Fresh & Fruity
15. Snapper Rock Sauvignon Blanc, NZ
New Zealand Sauvignon at its best, bursting with vibrant ripe citrus fruit, just wonderful.
16. Picpoul de Pinet, Languedoc, France
If any wine can transport you to the Côtes d’Azur, this is it. Perfect with grilled fish and piercingly refreshing too.
17. Gavi di Gavi, Il Bosco, Piemonte, Italy
Cortese from the‘Il Bosco’ vineyard, no wonder Gavi is one of the world’s iconic whites.
18. Pinot Grigio, Butussi, Friuli, Italy
Not to be confused with its under-endowed cousins, this is the real thing; smooth fragrant fruit, an authentic tinge of copper – enjoy!
19. Verdicchio Fra Moriale, Cimarelli, Italy
The seaside towns of the Marche have one of the greatest seafood wines on their doorstep in Verdicchio, something we like to replicate in Kibworth.
WHITE . . . Something Out of the Ordinary
22. Pecorino ‘la Merlettaie' Ciu Ciu, Italy
Beautiful creamy texture with a fine complexity that suits everything from convivial company to blue cheese to fish.
23. Orballo Albariño, Rías Baixas, Spain
A Spanish classic, fruity yet floral honied hints. Delish!
24. Greco di Tufo, Ferrante, Di Marzo, Italy
Ferrante was born to make Greco, his ancestors created Greco di Tufo. It is a unique wine which could be described as a white for red drinkers – dry and surprisingly full.
25. Gewürztraminer, Reserve Cave de Hunawihr, Alsace, France
A complex wine with bags of exotic fruit about it. It is “off dry”, with a refreshing acidity with a lingering finish. Matches with spicy food really well
26. Santorini, Artemis Karamolegos, Greece
Somehow dense, bone dry and mineral, taut and elegant – the wine world’s answer to the super-model and from one of the most beautiful islands on earth.
27. Chablis 1er Cru, Bersan, Burgundy
Chablis at its best, this is full flavoured, rich and buttery, c’est magnifique!
ROSÉ . . . A Little Something Pink
30. Chiaretto, ‘Poderi del Roccolo', Italy
A charming, fresh rosé with light strawberry fruit and a slight, creamy texture.
31. Cuv Alexander, Cht Beaulieu, Provence France
Typical Provence rosé, a pale pink, with fresh raspberries, strawberries and cream.
RED . . . The Essentials
35. Merlot, Tierra Del Rey, Central Valley, Chile
A perfect Chilean Merlot, ruby red, rich black cherry and plum, with yummy hints of dark chocolate.
36. Sangiovese, Broccatelli Galli, Umbria, Italy
Laid-back, classic Sangiovese laced with pure black cherry fruit.
37. Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, Frentana, Italy
Full plummy fruit, vibrant and full – dare we say, it’s almost like a stylish Ozzie Shiraz.
bottle 19.25 | magnum 37.50
38. Tempranillo, Finca Manzanos, Rioja, Spain 2015
Ripe with black and red fruit, kind of chocolaty and spicy too.
39. ‘Johnny Q’, Shiraz, Australia
The real McCoy, rich and inky and a jolly good Shiraz
RED . . . Fresh & Light
40. Bardolino Classico, Recchia ‘Poderi del Roccolo' Italy
Soft and easy cherry fruit, lovingly made, lifting it out of the ordinary.
41. Montsablé, Pinot Noir, Languedoc, France
Fresh and light red, perfect with fish, also lovely chilled
42. Beaujolais-Villages Dom de Colette, France
Great Beaujolais is fresh and easy, bursting with berry fruit and fantastically versatile.
RED . . . Elegant Classics
45. Côtes du Rhône, Val de Garrigue, France
Rich, earthy fruit flavours from this classic region.
46. Squinzano Riserva, Masseria del Gelso, Italy
Squinzano is home to some of the Salento’s greatest Negroamaro and this is an unreformed, huge powerful wine, made for red meats and strong cheeses. Also disturbingly enjoyable with no food at all!
47. Chianti Riserva, Baroncini 1489, Bruna Baroncini, Toscana, Italy
An elegant Chianti, full bodied, plumy and a hint of spice.
48. Reserva Finca Manzanos Rioja Baja, Spain
A brilliant Rioja. A round, intense and spicy wine
49. Les Gravesde Mahon-Laville, Bordeaux, France
An absolute class Bordeaux, dry tannins and bags of fruit
RED . . . Big & Busty
50. Ripasso del Valpolicella, San Michele, Italy
A ‘half-Amarone’, from the hills above Verona, complex and powerful rich red.
51. Rosso Di Montalcino, Le Sette Camicie, Italy
The same grapes as used in brunello and this wine does not disappoint. An elegant wine, full, rich with great depth
53. Amarone Di Valpolicella Classico, Maurizio Martino, Veneto, Italy
Brilliant! Intense, complex and great structure. Black cherries and a little bit nutty.
54. Barolo, Brezza, Italy
Elegant and sophisticated with a bit of age, presents well.
SWEETIES & STICKIES
60. Verduzzo Fior Di Mandorlo, Cormons NV
A deep amber moscato, rich in tropical fruits and honey
32.50 bottle | 5.45 125ml glass
61. Curatolo Marsala, Italy NV
Aromas of dried fruits, full and mellow with a typical pleasant sweet finish.
29.50 bottle | 5.00 125ml glass
62. Recioto Di Soave, La Colombare, Pieropan, Veneto 2012
A perfectly balanced pudding wine with just the right level of delicate sweetness.
38.00 bottle (50cl) | 9.50 125ml glass
Delaforce White Port
2.50 50ml glass | 6.25 125ml glass
Niepoort LBV Port
3.50 50ml glass | 7.50 125ml glass
63. Niepoort ‘The Senior Tawny', Douro, Portugal
A golden amber tawny port, lovely with cheese or just because.
3.50 50ml glass | 7.50 125ml glass
An indulgent blend of fortified red wine and chocolate.
4.50 50ml glass | 9.50 125ml glass